People hire me because they want something. Sometimes it’s something out in the world, like a career you love, relationships with less drama, or a way to not take things so personally.
And sometimes it’s internal and less tangible, like peace of mind, a richer experience of life, or a way to stop trying to control everything.
When you want something out in the world, you want it because you believe it will make you happy.
Ironically, when you say you want the inner stuff like peace of mind, you immediately look to how you might rearrange circumstances in the outer world to produce that peace of mind.
Either way, your focus is outside of yourself and that is why you feel insecure.
You’re trying to control things you can’t possibly control, to give you the feelings you think come from the conditions of your life. And that never works for any length of time because feelings come from our inner world, not our outer world.
Imagine that your happiness was dependent on the weather. There would be a lot of insecurity there because you can’t control the weather.
The best you can do is try to cope with it. You can get an umbrella, change your plans to avoid being outside, or move to a nicer climate.
But coping isn’t foolproof. You can’t always change your plans. Sometimes you forget your umbrella and moving is a lot of work.
Instead of always trying to cope with what happens out there, what if you were less affected by it?
In our weather example, the weather would be free to do what it does and you’d simply watch it. Sure, you might prefer some types of weather over others, but your happiness and well-being wouldn’t depend on any particular type of weather.
You’d know the weather was temporary. It’s always changing. You’d remember that the sun is always there, even when dark clouds are temporarily covering it. The sun is always there.
This is what coaching does for people. You stop waiting for the weather to change and you stop trying to cope with it.
You become secure in your knowing that your peace of mind is like the sun—it’s always there behind the clouds and the clouds are always moving.
A strong inner foundation is there no matter what’s happening around you.
What most transforms people is continuous exposure to this inside-out truth and the ability to continuously apply it to your own life.
When I work with clients, they have access to me when they need it. They share whatever is most on their mind in each moment, and we work through it on the spot. When we do this over and over (and over), they start to see how it is their thinking, not life “out there” that they are feeling.
Let me repeat that: We are always feeling our thinking, not our circumstances.
When you really get this, incredible things are possible because you come to see that nothing was really impossible to begin with—you only thought it was. And since thoughts are simply thoughts (not gospel, Truth, reality…), then you don’t have to believe them so quickly.
You can notice the cloud of thoughts roll in, watch it roll out, and know that the sun is always there underneath.
Be part of this inside-out conversation with me for an entire year. A lot of life happens in the course of a year and I will be available to help you through anything that comes up.
The program is front-loaded so that we start the year off with a lot of one-on-one interaction by telephone or Skype, then it tapers off as your understanding strengthens. You will have unlimited, anytime access to me via email throughout the year.
- Months 1-6: Every other week one-hour telephone calls
- Months 7-12: Monthly one-hour telephone calls
That’s 18 hours of private coaching by telephone or Skype. Plus:
- Email throughout the year. You have access to my inbox all year long for anything that comes up.
- Private Videos to deepen your grounding in the principles we’ll discuss. I’ll point you toward the most eye-opening, perspective-shifting videos I’ve found and I’ll make several myself to aid in your understanding and address concepts that are lingering.
- Free access to all of the courses I teach in 2014.
- Free access to my Radical Relationship 911 and Fighting the Urge courses.
- Copies of Modern Enlightenment and Being Human.
- A few other surprises I’m cooking up…
What my clients experience (what you can expect)
- A marked drop in insecurity, fear, and doubt when you stop believing that you need anything “out there” to change.
- An overwhelming feeling of possibility. You feel free to do things in the outside world you couldn’t do before when the self-imposed pressure is gone. When you’re truly in touch with your own constant inner peace, things in the world aren’t so scary.
- More confidence and clarity in decision making because you aren’t sidetracked by thought. You do what feels right.
- Ease in everything. There is so much less you have to do when you stop trying to rearrange and control the world around you. You allow life to unfold rather than forcing things (and the unfolding is way better than anything you could force).
- Insights and a-has galore. When you stop identifying with your thoughts so much, and you have a direct connection with insight and wisdom.
$2500 paid in full, up front.
Most coaches charge upwards of $10,000 for this level of ongoing support. I won’t even tell you what I’ve paid in the past, and I’d do it all again in a second.
Needless to say, $2500 for a life where you recognize thought as just thought…where you’re intimately acquainted with the peace and clarity that is already within you… is a steal. But I’m incredibly biased.
I’ve learned from the best coaches in the world.
I’ve learned from the best (Supercoach Michael Neill, master coach credentials from Martha Beck, and many, many others).
I’m always doing some continuing education–this year it’s advanced mentoring of the Three Principles from the leading 3P teachers in the world.
I live this. Now. But I haven’t always, so I’ve been both places. Running like mad to try to outsmart the weather… and secure in the knowledge that I create my experience to the point of not owning an umbrella.
I would love to answer your questions, help you sort through any concerns, or just generally provide more information for you. Email me and we can chat that way or by phone. Any time you’re ready.